Multi-Tiered Systems of Support (MTSS)
MAISD MTSS Vision
Montcalm Area ISD is committed to providing a continuum of supports that builds capacity for all local districts as they implement a Multi-Tier System of Support (MTSS) framework that is durable and sustainable.
It is our vision that MTSS implementation supports will be provided across all levels- preschool, elementary, and secondary-to all of the constituent districts within the county. It is also our intent to support all local districts in their efforts to integrate and align initiatives, programs, strategies, and activities and to embed them into their school improvement plans.
MAISD MTSS Coaching Support Model
MTSS implementation is led by a team of coaches who work with districts by providing coaching support, contextualized training, and technical support through each phase of implementation.
MIranda Holmberg, MTSS Coordinator
The following guiding principles are the framework for complete MTSS implementation with fidelity and integrity:
- Adoption and use of an evidence-based core curriculum and instructional strategies for all students
- Use of a universal screening tool for behavior and reading for all students
- Incorporation of a data-based decision making and problem solving process or model
- Use of evidence-based academic interventions
- Implementation of a positive behavioral intervention and support system
- Consistent use of a valid and reliable continuous progress monitoring tool at strategic and intensive levels of intervention