Diesel & Equipment Technology
Would you like to learn more about what’s under the hood of diesel vehicles or bigger vehicles like semis, tractors, and trucks? Join the Diesel and Equipment Technology Program as you get to diagnose and maintain advanced diesel engines as well as critical electrical, airbrake, climate control systems and much more. If you’d like to learn how to operate on bigger vehicles then join us at the career center.
With this program, you will:
- Experience here can help you get a job right away
- Earn certifications
- Learn welding along with diesel mechanics
- Participate in teambuilding
- Experience more than just a classroom setting
- Have more fun than in high school
- Be treated like an adult
- Teachers don’t hold your hand through projects
- Go on field trips (go to Ferris State University’s shop + operators course [driving semi-trucks]) annually
- Drive semi-trucks, buses, tractors, etc
- Bring your own vehicles in to the classroom
What You Will Do
- Operate, troubleshoot, and repair medium & heavy duty trucks, tractors, and other agricultural and construction equipment.
- Diagnose and maintain advanced diesel engines as well as critical electrical, air brake, and climate control systems.
- Use a full-systems approach to maintain heavy equipment in a rapidly changing industry.