The Construction Trades program offers instruction in multiple tools and building areas. There will be training in the use of equipment and technology as it applies to site clearing, building layout, excavation, foundations, framing, roofing, siding, and finishing work for a new home.
Futhermore, you will leave the program prepared for many future possibilities such, as joining the workforce as laborers, apprentices, and possible trades people. Continuing a career in construction or tending to your own home and projects yourself is also a possibility. You will even be given preparation for business management.
You will be involved with various construction projects in a lab setting where safety is strictly emphasized. Although you do not need prior knowledge in construction, it is helpful and skills in math are needed.
With this program, you will:
- Learn techniques necessary for construction jobs
- Connect the bookwork to hands-on learning
- Learn how to do home projects yourself
- Become more independent and will be given more responsibility
- Be given opportunities to experience what a career in construction is like to help you make future decisions
What You Will Do
- Design and build a residential home, including framing, roofing, plumbing, wiring, and interior/exterior finishing.
- Work alongside industry professionals to create a variety of projects and structures from concept to completion.
- Operate a wide range of professional tools used for demolition, preparation, and construction.