Montcalm Area ISD strives to provide services to local district teachers, administrators, and other staff that is research-based and relevant to the challenges in today's classrooms. Our focus, as we work with districts to develop Multi-Tiered Systems of Support, is on Tier 1: Best Initial Instruction. From this webpage, you have access to a variety of resources for curriculum, instruction, assessment, and professional learning.
Leading, collaborating, and serving to create education without boundaries.
- Work collaboratively with local school districts and educators, including other MAISD departments to improve student achievement for each and every child through the implementation of multi-tiered systems of support;
- Provide high quality, evidence-based professional learning opportunities for Montcalm County educators; and
- Act as a liaison between the Michigan Department Education and local school districts by fostering the flow of information.
- providing evidenced-based professional learning opportunities are key to fostering lasting positive change in schools;
- all educators deserve high quality, resonably priced professional learning opportunities;
- one of our roles is to provide a connection between local districts and the Michigan Department of Education and in doing so, keep local districts informed;
- partnerships with other ISDs/ESAs and organizations are important; and
- our best work is done collaboratively with other MAISD departments and with local districts.
Sign me up!
MAISD seeks to make information available to interested Montcalm County educators on a variety of topics. If you are interested in curriculum, instruction, MTSS, grade level news, or the ability to connect with others in your content area or grade level, please sign up for a MAISD listserv today!