Automotive Technologies combines hands-on wrenching, problem solving, and book work to help you become a mechanic. Upon leaving you will be able to work on your own car or go straight into working in a shop to build your skills even more.
With a fully immersible shop at the MACC, you will have a majority of the tools and machinery you will need to learn how to repair and maintain an automotive vehicle. While in the automotive program, you will have the opportunity to do the state testing, and seniors will have a potential to earn the ASE student certificates.
With this program you will:
- Earn up to 18 certifications before you leave
- Get discounts on parts as a student
- Learn how to use each tool
- Become a mechanic straight out of high school
- Participate in hands-on work
- Get a chance to work on your own vehicle if you’re ahead in class
What You Will Do
- Maintain, repair, and fine-tune a wide range of vehicles alongside an ASE Master Technician in a full-service automotive center.
- Utilize tools and diagnostic equipment in a modern facility to troubleshoot and repair complex automotive systems.
- Work independently and in teams to optimize vehicle operation and performance using critical thinking skills.