The Educational Careers Program connects relationship building with your peers to the curriculum being taught as you get real life, hands-on experience in the classroom. Being a cadet teacher, learning child psychology, exploring types of education, and enrolling in college classes are just a few of the many aspects of the program you will experience.
Educational Careers is not just for those who want to be teachers, but rather anyone who has interest in working with kids will find this program beneficial. You will gain experience for being a teacher, counselor, coach, social worker, and many more!
The classroom placements are definitely one of the highlights of the class because you can choose a grade level from kindergarten through eighth grade. You will work alongside an experienced mentor teacher and get a glimpse of behind the scenes of being a teacher while directly connecting with the students.
With all of this experience, you can decide if education is the path for you or refine what direction in education you want to go.
With this program, you will:
- Have more independence and a college-like feel
- Be able to choose your career path based on experience
- Practice making learning fun
- Gain the opportunity to teach your lessons to real students
What You Will Do
- Teach and coach side-by-side with& professional educators in a variety of school settings.
- Design dynamic classroom learning activities using modern technology and research-based practices.
- Assemble your comprehensive portfolio in preparation for postsecondary education and state teacher certification.